Friday, 3 October 2008

Differences in family and family ties between French tribe and the Adi people

In the video, I think they said nothing special about family and family fies so I try to interpretate what I saw and what I think I understood in the video (because I am not sure).

The word "family" can have two senses. The first meaning, and the most important, is a group of people in which you share the same blood. but generally, this word implicate too a feeling of faith and particular relation between each member of a family in comparaison of the rest of your society.

In the Adi tribe there is not a real notion of family, maybe they make a special distinction between their parents and other people but I think they considerate every person of the tribe as someone of their family. Its probably due to the size of their tribe and the place where they live together. Their tribe constituate their own society, if a few person always live together with the same few person, share the same way of life (and in this case it is a very special way of life)it is not difficult to considerate all the person of your society as a person of your family.
Naturally its very different in the "french tribe" because the teritory is bigger so you can't have the same kind of relation between people of your family, and the rest of the society.

2 comments:

arwa said...

Hi Claire I really liked ur blog about the family ties in the Adi tribute and I also think that there is nothing to say about family cause I think that this video had focused mainly on the food,religion and their way of life but we can just make our interpretation about the family ties through their attitude as well as comments....

Steve said...

In the Adi tribe there is not a real notion of family, maybe they make a special distinction between their parents and other people but I think they consider every person of the tribe as someone of their family.

I'M NOT SO SURE. I THINK THEY HAVE A QUITE SIMILAR ATTITUDE TO OURS.

Its probably due to the size of their tribe and the place where they live together. Their tribe constitUTES their own society, if a few person always live together with the same few person, share the same way of life (and in this case it is a very special way of life)it is not difficult to considerate all the person of your society as a person of your family.
Naturally its very different in the "french tribe" because the teritory is bigger so you can't have the same kind of relation between people of your family, and the rest of the society.

INTERESTING POINTS